Scholarship Sponsored by Braddock Law Firm, PLLC
At Braddock Law Firm, we have a great appreciation for the beauty of the nature around us. From the trees, flowers, and fields throughout Mississippi, we believe that one’s connection to nature can gain vast insight into our world. Recently, we have admired the younger generations’ love of nature and their drive for protecting our environment to preserve our planet’s future. As nature works together in its ecosystem, we are inspired to work in our community to create meaningful changes for those around us. That is why we are proud to announce our 2023 Magnolia Scholarship.
As residents of Mississippi, we deeply connect with our state flower, the Magnolia. Driving through Mississippi, we are lucky to see Magnolia’s growing and realize how lucky we are to see such beauty in our daily lives. We are looking for incoming college students or graduates curious about the world around them for this scholarship. We are looking for applicants to reflect on the natural beauty of their homes and how it shaped their lives. Applicants are asked to describe the natural beauty surrounding them, share a time when they were in awe of nature, and explain its effect on them.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is February 1, 2023. Once this deadline passes, we will carefully review all applicants, and one student will be selected to receive an award of $1,000.
- The scholarship is open to any high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two or 4-year program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- Employees of Braddock Law Firm, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1000 word essay response to the following prompt: Magnolias are the state flower of Mississippi and symbolize a love of nature. What do you see in the natural beauty around you? Share a time when you were in awe of nature and explain its effect on you.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic, as well as current contact information.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school and the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the 2023 Magnolia Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.Go to Scholarship Application